Why Should You Switch to LED Lights? – Top 10 Reasons:

 What are the benefits of switching to LED lights?
Here are our top 10 reasons to make the switch:

LED light bulbs

1. Environmentally Friendly

LED bulbs are environmentally friendly because they do not contain any toxic materials and are 100% recyclable. However, conventional lighting often contains material, such as mercury, which is hazardous to you and detrimental to the environment. 

2. Energy Efficiency

LEDs only emit about 20% of their energy as heat and the remaining 80% is converted to light. In contrast, incandescent bulbs release 90% of their energy as heat, and CFLs release about 80% (“LED Lighting | Department of Energy”). 

Also, LEDs can focus their light on a specific location, reducing the need for reflectors and diffusers that can trap light. While with other types of lighting, such as traditional can lighting, the light is reflected in the desired direction. In these instances, more than half of the light may never leave the fixture, reducing the energy efficiency.

3. Long Lifespan

LED bulbs typically have a lifespan of about 5 and a half years (25,000 to 50,000 hours), and that’s if you leave it on 24/hours a day! Or almost 18 years if only operated 8 hours per day. In contrast, you will need to change a typical incandescent bulb after about 1,000 hours (about 1.5 months). And a comparable compact fluorescent would last you 8,000 to 10,000 hours (about 1 year!). Also, unlike traditional lighting, LEDs don’t burn out or fail, but instead gradually dim over time. 

4. Dimmable, Tunable White (CCT) and RGB Color Changing

LEDs can change color so you can dim them down to less than 5% percent of light output. In addition to this, you can dim LEDs in a smooth, continuous fashion, rather than a tiered mode. 

With Tunable White (CCT or Adjustable White) options you can switch between hues of white light, from warm, campfire type of light to a cool blue hue of light that you might see on a snowy winter day

And RGB color changing lights have grown popular, especially with younger ones. With millions of color options and flashing patterns you can express your individuality faster than you can change your outfit. 

5. No Heat

LED bulbs are cool enough for you to touch them even after operating for several hours. This reduces the risk of burning yourself or catching the house on fire. And your air conditioning costs will be reduced, especially during our hot summers! 

6. Durability

LED fixtures are typically not made of glass or filaments and consequently much better equipped than fluorescent and incandescent bulbs to withstand vibrations and other harsh conditions. This can make them especially appealing for severe outdoor environments.

7. No Noise or Flickering

You won’t hear the low buzz sound from fluorescent tubes or get headaches from their flickering light. This can be annoying at work and leads to migraines for a number of people. But you won’t even notice LEDs which operate silently with no flickering light.

8. Instant On

While fluorescent and HID lamps typically require several minutes to reach their maximum brightness, LED lights are to turn on immediately at 100% brightness. In addition, the lifespan and performance of LEDs are not diminished when you frequently switch them on and off. 

9. Cold Temperatures 

LED lights work better in colder environments. This makes them an ideal solution if you use refrigerated display cases, freezers, and cold storage spaces, as well as freezing weather outdoor applications. In contrast to LEDs, fluorescent lights require a higher voltage to start in low temperatures and the intensity of light is decreased. 

10. No IR or UV Emissions 

LEDs emit no harmful infrared light or ultraviolet radiation which degrades material over time. This makes LED ideal for materials that are sensitive to heat or UV light, so your works of art and bottles of wine will be much safer. 

Contact Us

What do you think?

Let us know!

So, have you made the switch to LED lights? Are your bulbs environmentally friendly? What were your reasons for the switch? Please, let us know. And share this article with your friends! Thanks!

Contact Us